Fun Facts About the Nissan Altima
We’re so excited for the new 2019 Nissan Altima to finally arrive this year. All of the hype and excitement surrounding the new sedan got us thinking about the vast history of the of the sedan. When looking back over the years, we came across some neat things not all drivers would know about the model. So that’s why we wanted to share some fun facts about the Nissan Altima.
25 Year Anniversary of the Nissan Altima
It’s hard to believe that the Nissan Altima has been around for 25 years, as the sedan first was introduced back in 1992 as a 1993 model year vehicle, assembled at the Nissan Smyrna Vehicle Assembly Plant in Tennessee. Let’s take a look at some fun facts about the Nissan since then!
- In order to communicate the Altima was a replacement for a previous model, the Altima was first given the name “Stanza” as badging to the trunk.
- In 2002, the third-generation Nissan Altima was named the North American Car of the Year.
- 2002 also marks the first time that Altima sales reached 200,000 models sold in a single year.
- The 2013 model year Altima was used to introduce Nissan’s Zero-Gravity seats.
- The fifth-generation Altima also helped Nissan launch their Midnight Edition lineup of vehicles.
- The upcoming 2019 Altima will kick-start the sedan’s sixth generation.
- The 2019 Nissan Altima is the first Altima model to offer the Nissan Intelligent All-Wheel Drive feature.
- As of today, more than 5.6 million Nissan Altima vehicles have been sold over the sedan’s rich 25-year history.
If you would like to learn even more fun facts about the Nissan Altima, be sure to follow our blog at Glendale Nissan. You can also contact us today in order to learn more about your favorite Nissan vehicles or to take one out for a test drive.